View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 10:33 PM   #28
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post
Question for Tony; Is the lazy throttle response purposely built into the stock tb for a reason? I was having a discussion at work with a buddy who has a built CTSV, he says have it tuned out...not getting a tune under warranty with a new car. Been reading a lot of threads on ported tb units, just trying to get as much info prior to getting one. Thx
Yes to a point.....that said I have ported dozens of different TB designs. The OEM LT1/LT4 TB is the WORST design I have ever seen. Its not even acceptable for the 250 HP trucks it was actually designed and put on GM's shelf for. In stock trim its just horrible with the first 30% of the throttle maybe getting you 10% more air as the blade is buried in aluminum that whole way. Then all of a sudden from 30% to 40% it uncovers alot of air creating a quick lean spot that the ECM has to try and cover for but cant do it quickly enough if you got into the throttle more aggressively and that's the kind of quick bog or flat spot you experience.

Look....I have written an encyclopedia of information on this exact situation (the LT throttle bodies)....if you really want to learn more take the time to Google the posts I have done on this board alone and you will know all you need to regarding why you will want to upgrade to one of my ported units.

And you will have a much clearer understanding why.....I just don't have the time to get into another lengthy post on a topic I have covered is great detail many times before. Im more interested in putting the finishing touches on my new LT flow fixtures so I can compile all the flow data including my own V1 versus V2 as well as competitors products...that should be interesting information.

Thanks for your interest in my new product

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....If you look for my posts and find one of my informative ones related to the design of the OEM TB (and how badly it sucks and why) maybe you can post it in this thread for others to learn from as well
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote