View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 01:23 AM   #21
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
How does this compare with the Soler TB.
My TB's have always had the best housing bore design out there....the most efficient and most aerodynamic shape which while helping peak flow also helps the lower throttle positions a great deal also.

I have spent close to half my life on a flowbench since building one from scratch in 1996. Prior to launching Mamo Motorsports in 2015, I worked for 15 years as the head of R&D for AFR (Airflow Research) directly in charge of their cylinder head and intake manifold product design as well as the dyno testing all the products I designed for them. Designing a TB for me is easy in comparison...its a much more straight forward component for me to improve on relative to heads and manifolds which are far more complicated to optimize. For a true airflow guy, a ported TB is much more straight forward but they have their nuances as well in regards to what you can and cant get away with to keep the ECM happy.

The main upgrade my new TB is offering is the uniquely milled throttle shafts which I narrow significantly.....slight tweaks to my existing housing bore design but the bulk of what your getting coming from the work in the throttle shaft area and that adds a bunch to the peak flow and your torque and horsepower potential. Couple that with my already superior housing bore and its just a killer combination.

You don't even have to be an airflow expert to see what Im talking about.....anyone with general grasp of fluid dynamics can look at one of my ported TBs's and examine how I rework the housing bore and see the logic of my approach to the design. There are some small nuances only a guy with a more advanced understanding of airflow might pick up on but its pretty apparent why the new TB I'm sending you is going to destroy the stock TB in every way in terms of response and performance.

I have seen everything out there and would put my V2 up against any of my competitors products. If your a fanboy of company XYZ of course my stuff will come in 2nd but if your simply an enthusiast looking for the best product possible designed by a guy with a proven track record and decades spent in the field of airflow dynamics I encourage you to reach out to me and lets see about having you try one of my new designs. If your not happy with it I will refund the cost of the part but if you give my TB a fair shake I seriously doubt I will be getting it back.

Deputy....I hope that answers your question....would love to help you and get your feedback on my new product. Guys....If you are unfamiliar with my reputation and accomplishments in this industry I suggest you Google my name to better familiarize yourself.

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
tony@mamomotorsports.com
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote