View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 10:28 PM   #54
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
So I finally got my cat delete pipes in. When I took off my stock cat pipes I found that my drivers side inside honeycomb completely gone haha, so I am assuming this stuff will blow out and not get clogged anywhere? I looked in the drivers side secondary cat pipe and everything looked normal on that cat and I didn't see any clogs.

After driving it around I have to honestly say it sounds like complete crap now. It sounds like a straight pipe kids truck. It is extremely raspy now which you can very easily notice it in the cab now, I kind of felt the stock NPP was a little too loud, especially in sport or track at WOT, at part throttle the tone and sound is excellent. However, now it is 1000 times worse.

The other unfortunate part of this is I have not been able to discern any increase in airflow while accounting for atmospheric conditions. Needless to say, these delete pipes will probably be coming off as soon as I can get them off. So is anyone interested to trade a set of stock cat pipes for these? I paid $363 + a very unreasonable $150 shipping since they come from Kuwait. Would anyone be willing to trade their stock cats for the cat delete pipes?

My plan is to gut the inside of my passenger side cat and put the stock pipes with gutted insides back on. My hope and theory is that the stock pipes have this inside double wall, which I am hoping is what is able to quiet them down and take some of the rasp out. Since my drivers side cat was completely blown and gutted out, and I didn't notice obnoxious and loud sound from that hopefully this will work and still eliminate the cat honeycomb that is supposedly very restrictive.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote