View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #14
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
What type of trailer did you get ? Do you have any pictures?

Does anyone have pictures of there car on a u-haul.
It was a Big Tex 60EC. I guess it isn't 8' wide but 7' wide and 16' long. The car fits with plenty of room on each side since the ZL1 is about 6.2' wide.

I don't have any pictures but you can search for that trailer online and see what it looks like. Pretty basic but it does the job. I purchased a set of race ramps and use a couple long pieces of 2x6's to help the car get onto the trailer. If you find a dove tail trailer, then race ramps would be the only thing you'd need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie ZL1 View Post
It will and I have done it, but it's not easy. You need fairly long ramps (I disassembled an 8X8 pallet because it was all I could find) and you have to back it on. We drove the tow vehicle over a curb onto a higher surface to decrease the approach angle and that worked.

It will not go on forward and you need to decrease the approach angle to get it on backward.

Oh, and BTW.... you'll need to get out of the car on the passenger side because the right trailer fender is fixed and the door won't open. The left trailer fender is releasable on a hinge.
The ZL1 WILL fit facing forward. As I mentioned, taking off the plates that are in front of where the tires will sit will let the car clear but not the rubber strip. So you'll need to add a couple pieces of 2x4's to the spot where the tires sit so it'll clear.

I've driven the ZL1 onto a Uhaul trailer twice and had no problems with it going forward other than needing to raise the loading ramps to more of an angle like you mentioned.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote