View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 01:18 AM   #104
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Damn! That most definitely sucks both for your wife and for your mod budget. Hopefully both will make a speedy recovery.
The next phase of my build will involve pulling the motor to install a cam kit and pistons/rods. I was wondering, since you're a M6 guy, if you have any tips for removing the engine. Your shop looks a lot like mine and I'm sorry, I don't mean that as a compliment! Like you, I'll be working off of jack stands. Did you have to drop the trans? Others have posted that the pan prevents you from being able to pull the engine forward enough to separate from the transmission. Thanks in advance for any tips.
It isn't my garage actually, it's a buddy's. I was moving during all this so we used his place.
We didn't pull the trans. Just pulled the accessories and the heads first, then gently moved forward then up and forward and up (repeat) and it came out fairly easily.
If I recall right, we jacked up the oil pan a bit and let the front jack stands down as far as they would go before we started using the hoist - HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Hope your wife gets better and things settle down for you and your family. The car build still looks fantastic and i'm looking forward to more pictures as you get into it more.
Hopefully soon. Everything is ordered.
We just had her family visit and then moved so that delayed things a bit - she'll be back to work next week. I'm hoping to have the car ready for PIR on 9/30
'22 Kia EV6 First Edition
'18 RS3 (1 of 2) Cumulus Blue
'24 911 T (ordered)

Formers...
'19 RS5 Sportback Sonoma Green | '07 Cayman S 6MT | '16 Audi S3 Prestige Viper Green (APR Stage 3+) | '19 Mustang Shelby GT350R | '17 SS 1LE MBM 575whp all-motor

Last edited by RideZX6R; 09-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote