View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.
But a race should have the driver variable, don't you think? If there is no driver factor we may as well have driverless cars out there. And there's never really a perfect roll race either - often the driver who beeps the horn gets the jump.

And, you see 'Ford beat that ass' type comments from every make out there including these forums. Those comments are worthless IMO because there are way too many variables in street racing regardless the type.

Quote:
The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I agree - a roll race can show you which car has more ass/HP - unless one of the drivers is a doofus for a shifter. But it is a lot easier to get a roll race than one from a dig for the reasons you said. I definitely get it.

And especially your comment about breaking less parts from the roll - I agree.

Either race has a lot of variables especially on the street. Take them to the track and settle it with hard data.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote