View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #8188
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Color combo approved, black wheels look great on a red car

Now, if only you filled those gaping lower DRL holes (I also covered that misfit of a chrome trim line underneath them in black vinyl.)

I've never been completely satisfied with the silver wheels. I was thinking about the 1LE wheels as well, but it would cost an arm and a leg in shipping, import taxes and new tires.

Not to mention the increase in gas consumption with the wider tires. I don't know if its really that bad.
But gas prices here is way higher than in the US Although with the corona virus pandemic going on, I was able to find quite the score at around $ 4,73 USD per gallon!

So for the past two years I've been searching for a set of stock black wheels locally and finally found them almost brand new with tires and everything. It was just a bolt on.

I had bought the EL-50448 (OEC-T5) tire pressure sensor re-learn tool, and it arrived just the day before I collected the car from winter storage. So it was really easy to swap out the wheels and have the sensor readings show correctly.

It is really odd that the EU spec cars don't come with the DRLs. I've been thinking about adding them though.

I also prefer the look of the US style mirrors.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote