View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #181
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
I ended up buying a catch can having installed 2-3 myself I glanced the instructions and ordered. If I had known it involved needing a heat gun, pulling off the blower, and needing to watch youtube videos in order to understand the install and weird quirks.... I'd of said screw this, not worth the headache since I only keep cars 2 years before getting something else.
Sheesh, but on a side note. I have a new MM catch can for sale LOL
I have an early build ZL1 (Oct 2016). Having installed Elite catch cans on my previous two 5th gen Camaros, I seriously looked into adding one to my 6th gen.

At the time (late 2016), Elite was not supplying a new PCV diverter with their ZL1 cans, but instead having the user plug the tube directly underneath the SC bypass valve with RTV or Permatex. I thought at the time that was a little too much engine modification just for a catch can.

I posted a thread asking what other ZL1 owners were planning to do about a catch can and the consensus at the time was that if it didn't make the car go faster most weren't planning to add one.

I've now owned my 6th gen ZL1 for almost 3 1/2 years. It just turned 11K miles on the odometer. By the time coking on the back of the valves is bad enough to affect performance, I will either have sold the car to someone else or I'll pay a dealer for an intake cleaning on my Zl1 that will likely be close to 10 years old.

Reading these threads and seeing all the hoops everyone jumps through to get a CC installed on their cars just confirms my initial reaction that the process is a little too over the top to be worth it.