View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:15 AM   #25
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Yeah and intakes have the potential to throw off metered air, exhaust systems mess with emmisions, etc etc. Unless you are keeping a vehicle bone stock, there is always potential for issue.

If catch cans had all the "potential" issues you are afraid of, why isnt there hundreds of threads stating warranty claims denied on ruined motors accross the thousand different car forums?

Why is it catch cans or more popular than ever and yet not a single thread about a blown motor due to it?

There is only ONE thing auto makers care about and that is getting you to your end of warranty ASAP so they can rake you over the coals. I am worried about my car at 200k miles and GM isnt. Keep that oil in there 10k+ miles. Dont do that trans fluid. Keep that rear diff fluid. Screw it! Beause accelerated wear equals a larger payday. A catch can is preventative maint. In my mind. And if crank pressure was such an issue why is literally EVERY race car and speed shop using them as well?

I had a catch can on all my vehicles from 2005 till today. Never an issue. Ever. I had a JLT on my 2011 5.0 mustang for 50k miles before selling. After dealing with carbon buildup from DI and valve coking i will NEVER not run one again.
1+ You nailed it.
Apart from the warranty @all just think of the following. Why adding people a tower brace ? Is the performance so bad?
Why adding people lowering springs or even other suspension kits?
Why changing people to lighter rims.
All this is not necessary but it improves the performance or increase the stability.
Why didn’t GM did all that? Simply because it cost too much.
The catch can filters the blow by gases which goes into the intake again. It’s not necessary but it helps to run the engine for more than just 100k miles. By than you are out of warranty and GM gives a sh...if you had a CC or not.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote