View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #103
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
A track day is much preferred...Hockenheim's rules expressly stated max of 40 cars on track...I'd argue if I was in the states and get a refund, but no chance in Germany.

Stuttgart inspections appear to be more stringent, but I would still prepare your car for success - OEM exhaust, fresh tires, brake pads, brake fluid, etc. No non-factory window tent on windscreen or front two windows. You have initial 30 days to get it passed inspection. You can get another 30 days if needed. After that it becomes a waiver situation. The car inspection deal can be a real challenge.

You can try the ZL1 Add On's front license plate holder...mine failed, while Spang AB passed.

I believe Hockenheim was 90 db's during the evening hours. Note, housing is on top of each other. Being a good neighbor (and not have a local in your business) has benefits. I put the car in 'Stealth' each time I pull into the village and I consider it still too loud during the initial crank. Our place is a bit unique as I've got to back the car about half a block down a single track (passing 6 residences!) to put it in the garage. Your experience may be different. ;-)