View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #337
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
I am going to go ahead and assume the plant runs a production week for all zl1's for Canada once they have the correct allotment.

So lets say the plant can build 2 cars a day for the week, they wait until all 10 slots for the week are filled before running production.

Maybe they had full intentions of running the build weeks for some of you guys earlier, but didn't fill all the slots so they pushed it back.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that my car was declined due to colour choices and I had to re-pick a different colour. Perhaps that happened to a few people they had to wait to clear up those orders and now they are trying to slot them in again.

Unfortunately for you guys maybe that dropped off the slots filled for the week and the plant did not deem it worth to switch over production from US spec to Canadian spec for the week intended?

The whole process is shit I know, but these are niche halo cars that not many people outside of us (and a few not on this forum likely) are buying, Chevrolet is a business and they have to make money, so at the end of the day they are going to do what they can to make the ones they do sell profitable, they don't care you have to wait 2-3 more weeks for your car so they can save 500 bucks, as far as they are concerned we are lucky we can even buy these cars.

Just my thoughts, no real world experience here so I could be way off base.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote