View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 01:53 PM   #8
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
I don't plan on tracking the car, just going to be daily driver. Interesting about the diff, haven't read anything about that yet. I also haven't gotten the manual yet to read.

I do have a lift, so changing fluids isn't really a big deal to me as far as ease/cleanup. I've just never done a diff or trans before and I guess in my head I'm thinking it's some complex thing.

I've been browsing this forum all morning and did come across a write up for the trans fluid change on the DIY section. It actually did seem extremely easy. Looks like I just need to get one of those pumps, and figure out the correct fluid for trans and diff.

Thanks for the response!
Similar to you as we picked up our vert Jan. 2 but just started driving it. We have about 900 miles.
After a lot of reading and threads here Im using the Mobil 1 0w 40. I just bought it from Rock Auto and It was not only one of the few places I found the proper Dexos 2 but it was I think $6.80ish a quart. I bought 24 Qts and a box of filters and shipping was 15 bucks. If you buy 10 qts shipping is about the same.
I intend to use Tremec trans oil. I figure its their trans... and they apparently recently came out with a new formulation for our trans.
I havnt decided on fluid for the diff but Im leaning towards Redline or maybe Valvoline in the proper spec.