View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Stupid exhaust "volume" question.

LOL, so maybe not so stupid. I dunno. Volume. For all the youtube vids of these aftermarket systems, you really can't get a feel for the volume of one system to the next. You can get a feel for the tone and sound quality, and past experience with various systems and friend's rides, etc. etc. paint a picture of quality, but volume escapes me. The two systems that I seem to be drawn to are the AWE and the Borla S type. Seem to be two pretty common choices. I like the AWE tone more, but would love to keep the NPP. Using the stock NPP as a reference, can I get some thoughts on where you guys feel the AWE touring axle back and Borla S type axle back rate in terms of volume?

I would guess the AWE would fall in between closed NPP and open NPP, but I've seen a few threads where people discuss it actually being really quite loud. As for the Boral, frankly I don't care about where it is open, because I feel the louder the better. My concern is when closed. I want a little more bite than stock, but for it still to be civil. I know, I hate exhaust threads. You can go round and round for days. I just wanted to throw it out and see if anyone had any thoughts.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote