View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #57
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
What about the LS3 then ?

Its unacceptable some of the problems the LS7 had.

Its also unacceptable that my LT1 engine might need carbon cleaning at 30-40k. when you buy a new car, your car should last a reasonable amount of miles with a reasonable amount of care. I paid for 460HP, 465TQ period.

Some of the new tech is great, some of it has caused other problems.

Why would i buy a chevy product if i have such a big problem with this? because It was either I buy a corvette or it was a foreign car which all have GDI engines.
Get a Mishimoto catch can and don't worry about the carbon deposits. Run some seafoam if you think it will help. GM put a catchcan on the Camaro too so maybe you don't need a second catch can. We will have to wait and see.
It may be more complex but I think the toque and drivability that come with VVT are worth it. You will lose AFM with a cam upgrade but VVT is a great thing to have. I like AFM personally for the 31+ mpg's I get on my way to work so I'm not sure if I will cam it. Maybe I'll supercharge instead.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote