View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #10
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Not sure of this may offer you any comfort or not, but i had the issue, early on. I'm talking like 34000 miles on the car. I had the triple flush thing done locally. And it was good for about two three months.

Now the shutter thing kind of occurs when it switches from V6 to V4 every once in awhile. But most times when it happens you just know to step on the gas just a little bit harder to put it back in V6 mode.

With that being said today I'm just about to hit 71000 miles. Mind you in that past 35,000 plus miles I've done a couple autocrossevents, I've been to the track at the end of last year about 3 or 4 times. I've done a road trip all the way down to North Carolina and Davidson / Charlotte earlier this year at the end of June. 8 hours down and 8 hours back. Not to mention its also my daily driver which is how a lot of the miles get racked up yearly.

Also do road trips for wrestling as you can see in my signature or Avatar.

Mind you I do take care of the car meticulously. When it's time to change fluids it's time to change fluids. I usually get an oil analysis done with every all change as well as transmission fluid change and differential oil changes.

As long as you're not going to be in the situation where you're going to be constantly switching from V6 to V4 I don't think you should have much of an issue unless you have a shutter that is far different than just the 7th and 8th gear change shutter. If you're doing tale of the dragon you should be perfectly fine because most of your gears should be roughly about 6 and below. I drove through part of it one year but mostly I stay up a little bit north of you in the Shenandoah Blue Ridge area as far as scenic routes that I drive through.

In the end it's your call though. just wouldn't want you to miss out on something fun specially this time of year

In the future I'll be looking to do a more bulletproof method of torque converter myself. Be at Tracy Lewis Or Circle D or whatever I can get ahold of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Thanks for the info. My problem is that I have reservations in the mountains this weekend to go do Tail of the Dragon and the issue just resurfaced this past Friday. Not a lot of time to get in someplace for a reinstall. I wouldnt mind going with the new OEM if its guaranteed to fix the problem, but Im not sure how confident I feel going to the mountains now. I'm going to go back to stock tune today and see what happens and hope for the best.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote