View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
Hello all,
I made a case with GM to buyback my 2016 camaro ss.
They approved it and told me I can get a replacement or they’ll repurchase my car. I’m leaning towards the repurchase. Has anyone gone this route when they had a situation like mine? I’m trying to figure out how long it takes and what kind of fees I have to pay and stuff like that. Thanks in advance .
I did a new car swap. What I can say about that is it all depends on the price you paid for your car. Chevy will give you (I think) the same basic deal on another GM car you got for your current Camaro. But there is no negotiation on the price of that car. While you also have to consider tax savings on the deal as your bought back car is considered a trade in, my opinion now is take the cash and go after a 20% or employee pricing on another Camaro if you stay with Chevy. Also you will find not all dealers want a Chevy buyback deal. The dealer may get screwed somehow. In my deal I had to work to make it happen for me and the dealer also did okay.

I started having to pay FULL LIST PRICE on my '16 SS. But I could get $3k off any loaded SS by just calling a dealer with internet pricing. In the end I did get $2,500 off the SS but that was very complicated.

Also you might want to consider a Mustang. Ford has made some big improvements to the latest version where Chevy just went with a very unsuccessful styling makeover, while not really making any worthwhile improvements.

If you want more info PM me..