View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #32
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
I think you meant 'abrasive' not 'corrosive'. Stopping power is a measure of how abrasive a pad is. It's the nature of the beast.

If you'll note, the pad you mention, the ST-43, has a 'hot (1200F) MU of .38. The DTC-70 is .85.

That's the only quantifiable number in that document you posted. The rest is totally subjective 'ad-speak'.

BTW - pretty much everyone posts the info you tout as only coming from Raybestos.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/p...und-Charts.pdf

Driving styles are different. I have personally used Hawk and Carbotech and think they are both great products.

I am just trying to pass on info on what fits these cars when people begin to track them.

If you like, we could start arguing about brake fluids next.
I've also used Carbotech and Hawk pads, I also think they're great products I just find the Raybestos pads last longer and less aggressive on rotors.. but I agree with you for someone who doesn't track as much cost may not be an important factor

BTW, I meant corrosive not abrasive, DTC60 pads are notorious for the corrosive dust that eats up wheel paint, google is your friend

You're also correct about the Mu factor that should also give us an idea about the harness on the rotors though.
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote