View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 09:41 PM   #7
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Have you talked to a dealership about it? Wasn't there an issue with some of the microphones in some of the different models at one point?
Long story short yes.

In my V6 6th Gen I had a dealership in Snellville GA look at it and they said functioning as intended and it was my phone, so I called them in their loaner car they gave me while I was doing 80 MPH and they could clearly hear me in their Malibu. I called them in the V6 6th Gen and they couldn’t hear a word I said after I got above 30 MPH. So I failed their survey and the manager called me back telling me he didn’t appreciate the failed survey and he took an SS down to Miami and experienced a similar problem to mine so they wanted to take a deeper look. In my V6 they ended up relocating the mic but they didn’t tell me where they put it. I never had a problem with it since then though. I later traded the V6 for the SS and eventually the problem returned... took it to another dealer because I moved out of state and they called it ‘road noise’. Then I went back to the same state that fixed my V6 and the same tech and manager no longer worked there so they just replaced the mic and that didn’t help. I took it back to the local stealer this time out of bumper to bumper and told them I would pay if they just relocate it. They didn’t. They just called it functioning as intended and charged me. So I’m pretty fed up with it. I have two other cars and the phone works fine in them, it’s just my SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
they put it in a horrible place. Im going to put mine in the headliner like they are in the Silverados. I bought a mic for the 2014-18 Silverado. Ill make the wires longer to fit.
Please please please please PLEASE give me a write up as to how you do it. What kind of wiring do you need to extend the mic wires and how to splice them together (I’ve been intimidated by this because I don’t know how many wires are in the mic and I believe they are very small wires)
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote