View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #91
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Mary Barra is making strength bets on electrification. She is not going to move an executive into a responsible position in EV development to punish or hide them. A few months ago GM re-structured the Product Development organization to have the person in charge of BEV (Pam Fletcher) report directly to Mary Barra instead of the head of Product Development. They also redeployed a guy who had been head of Product Planning and was instrumental in the deal to acquire Cruise Automation (Mike Abelson) into another role that includes developing and executing plans to increase infrastructure for customers buying GM BEVs, and then last week GM President, Dan Amman, was re-assigned as CEO of Cruise Automation. He and Abelson were the ones who developed the relationship with Cruise Automation that resulted in GM acquiring them. Point is, being put on the GM electrification teams is a huge vote of confidence and an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the power center of the company.
I heard Mike's retirement was announced. Not sure if that's true. I've heard a lot of names through the grapevine last week.