View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I'm a little confused, why are these such a big deal? Hasn't this part from the ZL1 (side panels rockers with side skirt already installed) been available for a long time? Also $500 seems like a lot?

I may be getting something confused but I thought the plastic panels were basically the same thing from the SS and ZL1, you just have to use the washers to space it out to fit the wider ZL1 sheet metal?

It seems like to me it would be way cheaper to just try and find the ZL1 side skirts by themselves and install them onto the side panels you already have on your car?

I think I am missing something here?
I don’t fully understand you’re question but here goes, Yes I believe you’re confused. Aftermarket vendors offer the side skirt option which goes on top of your SS skirts and mimics a ZL1 look. That’s much cheaper.

To go full OEM, you need to remove the whole skirt and install the ZL1 piece. They cost about $270 each if I remember correctly UNPAINTED. Then you have to pay for dual color paint I.e. like mine, red and black. By the time you’re done it’s close to $900 installing it yourself!!! So that would make this eBay deal... well a deal and a half I would have jumped on.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote