View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #18
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Problem is, when you drive like an idiot you've got about as good a chance of killing someone else as yourself.
Please don’t take this the wrong way...I'm only trying to make a point here, not attack you personally.

I’m not reading anything about people turning their friends into the police or taking their keys away or having an intervention. All I’m seeing is a bunch of whining and crying and name calling and self preservation by “I’m never riding with that asshole again”. Then there’s the rehashed story telling about bad crashes and speeding and acting stupid so that’s just preaching to the choir.

Also, allow me to point out this thread is drenched in hypocrisy. I don’t doubt for a second people were riding with or seeing others driving dangerously at high rates of speed. However, I just know, and would bet the farm, that every author here has driven to a degree of recklessness that others would deem dangerous and stupid at a high rate of speed. Only it’s ok because YOU were driving and felt like you were in control. I’m no exception. I have done reckless things before, but I can honestly say no one was in the car and I’d like to think no one else was in danger...except the other car...

Like you all, I’ve personally been (on the scale of) nervous to scared riding with others. I didn’t say anything..I just never rode with them again.

I’ve went as far to tell someone, “yup you’re gonna die”, and I’ve not went on cruises and told the people exactly why I’m not going...because person X is going and they are really dangerous. It paid off once.

So that leaves only one thing. Darwinism.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote