View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #12
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'm not really assuming that. You'd just think with all this supposed research mishimoto claims to have done it'd be a non-issue.
I'd barely call what they did R&D. They measured out the box area, made the lumpy turd, then moved the MAF closer to the box once it started setting codes due to airflow reversion. When I think R&D, I think full on, ground up, with actual test data to support their decisions. Testing several designs for optimal airflow, placement to get the coldest possible air, identifying high pressure zones to help with airflow. None of that was actually done, just measure for box, toss on 'ole lumpy turdski. They put a minimal amount of actual driving miles on the car to verify the code issue was resolved before emailing their specs to China, which is why we are now in this position of cars getting CEL's. You might wanna start laying off the Mishi kool-aid as the next glass you drink might be the poison one!!!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote