View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:37 AM   #61
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
We are not all panty waisted. Some people actually use all the power they can muster. Sounds more to me you are the cars and coffee type. Nothing at all wrong with an 800hp Corvette. Zr1 is already 755 and I'd bet it holds it's own wherever it is. Of course the Nannies might be a hindrance/obstacle. Just the nature of the car hobbyist.
One small example would be my 52 year old Chevelle. You'd be stunned at how original the car appears down to the lowly 12 bolt differential. It does quite well at making 900 hp stick at launch. It's certainly not a road course type of car but not everyone who buys a Vette drives in circles either. This is 2018 and like it or not the engines are laying down very impressive power ratings. It's up to the end used to utilize the power. The overpriced Euro car's are sucking hind tit.

https://youtu.be/efA-4UC59Wg
https://youtu.be/6J8kqmn3lcY

The 570s beats the demon from ANY rolling start. Has also beaten a heads/cam/headers C6 Z06, Huracan 610-4, 1000hp big turbo trans am, and a C5 with bolt-ons and Nitrous(150 Shot?).

Definitely overpriced and UNDERPOWERED Euro Trash.

HOWEVER, an 800hp Corvette wouldn’t be fighting for traction or just putting up numbers to put up numbers. The reason why the 570s and 720s pull away from these cars is that they start in low boost for traction and increase the boost at each upshift. Notice how at each shift, the McLarens pull away even harder. After 150mph, the car keeps accelerating at the same pace. It doesn’t drop off until you run out of gears. It’s genius.

And on the topic of not handling 650hp(Z06) I received my May issue of Road and Track yesterday and they drove the ZR1 around NCM Motorsports Park. Here’s what Jack Baruth had to say: “If you like driving a Miata on a road course, you will like this. It’s that good.”

Last edited by Quinten_33; 04-14-2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote