View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #15
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I understand that the ECU doesn’t use IAT2 directly, but it is a big part of the manifold air temp calculation as far as I know. But like you mentioned, it’s a good PID to use for diagnostic purposes — which is why I was referencing it in this situation. MAT is what I pay attention to when logging.

That said, does an LT1 even use manifold air temp?
I believe the LT1 uses manifold air temp which is still a calculated nmber, but I am not 100% sure.

For the LT1 we have to isntall a pigtail harness to run the IAT2 which then reads as IAT1 through the OBDII port to the P3 gauge. This is the temp that is way off on mine.

I spoke with a buddy at GM yesterday and it seems the ZL1 often runs very hot with no worries of temps exceeding 140's-150s.

Can someone provide a log showing that the blower temps are only 10* higher than the ambient outside air? This morning the blower was 100-110 with outside temps of 55* and high humidity(it is misting here in Houston). Once I got into stop and go traffic the temps climbed up to the 130s from lack of air flow.

One other thing that was mentioned was a possible heat shield between the valley cover/heads and the blower. Is this a stock part that I should have under my blower? Is it possible I am seeing higher temps due to heat transfer from the engine?

Thanks everyone for your help here. I am learning on my first supercharged vehicle and every piece of advice is appreciated.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote