View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #20
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderon1973 View Post
Thanks for all of the input. The visibility issues are a non issue for me. I plan to have the top down most of the time anyways (I live in the deep south). This car mechanically was good but man it was filthy. They hadn't detailed it yet. I would have been embarrassed to even list a car this filthy representing my dealership. It was a Mercedes dealership too! It had less paint chips than I expected for the miles but it had 2 -1 inch dents. One was real minor and the other was right on the crease at the top of the back quarter panel (not easily fixable). Both took some looking to see as they blended in pretty well. The curb rash on the rims (which the previous owner painted black-not factory black) was some of the worst I've ever seen. The car has potential for a fun daily driver and looks good from 6 feet away. I told them I wanted the fixable dent repaired and new rims or the cost of new rims deducted from the price. I had already talked them down to 26650 which is the cheapest priced SS 6th gen within 500 miles of where I live. I'll find out tomorrow if they accepted my new terms. I think a nice 6th gen SS may just be too much above my budget. I'll have to settle for some flaws, wait another year or two to save up more money, or get another 5th gen Vert.
I will say that if you're struggling to afford a high mileage example, it's probably best to wait until you have more money and the market cools off. There will be expensive maintenance and repair costs to go along with the car, and you don't want to end up in a really bad financial spot just trying to keep the car on the road. I've bought cars I barely could afford, and then I'm struggling to pay for $100+ oil changes and $1000+ tires. Credit card debt and no savings aren't worth it for a nicer car.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote