View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 06:56 AM   #1179
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
That's why I was laughing, I wouldn't think the stereotypical Corvette guy would admit something is faster than his car.
I had a C6 so I'm not mindlessly throwing rocks at every Corvette guy, but you know what I mean, they can be a little snobbish. Obviously not as snobbish as the mp412c guy must have been.

This is probably one of the many reasons I've never tracked a car. I get annoyed at road hogs/rude, ignorant people on public streets who don't give right of way, camp in the left lane, and a number of other bad driving habits, and to then run into the same behavior on a race track where we all are suppose to be out doing the same thing, trying to have fun.
Someone is going faster? Let them go by and then follow them. Maybe you can learn from them as you chase, maybe you can become faster and not get passed as much.
Why block others who have caught you, they are obviously faster.

You aren't going to end up in the winners circle with the trophy girl and oversized check.

Definitely some snobbery going on ... and for the Mac guy, probably some lack of awareness... I wouldn’t be surprised if his mirrors weren’t pointed in the correct direction. The C8 guy was a little annoying but he was quick enough that I felt like i was ok.... 99% of folks in the Advanced groups are quite good at giving point bys and letting everyone drive their own drive without holding people up. C8 was a minor exception. Again... my tires were corded too hehe.

You shouldn’t let this fear keep you from the track though, it’s such a fun way to enjoy your car, but by all means, do you