View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #53
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
All this focus on visibility. This isn't the reason for the poor sales, the visibility was poor on the 5th Gen model as well and it sold very well. The problem is the same now as when the 6th Gen was introduced, there is no excitement in regards to the appearance of this car. While it has very impressive performance folks don't seem to care for it looks. Maybe this 19 update will help.
Judging from the response and attention my car gets, I have to disagree with regards to looks (not talking about the 2019 here). This car gets a lot of very positive attention from the general public. The only people I see dogging its looks are Mustang fanboys.

Practicality is the number one problem IMO. Sure the Mustang isn't much more practical but it's more recognized. When I started thinking about a new car, the Mustang was the first to pop into my head. It's got the brand recognition. People shopping for a Mustang will easily overlook practicality. The Camaro does not have that luxury, it just doesn't. It needs that practical aspect to widen its target market just like the Challenger.

The general public doesn't care about performance as much we do. Practicality, looks, gas mileage and price matter the most, and not necessarily in that order.

The Challenger and the Camaro have much more in common than the Mustang. It's just that the Challenger is a lot more practical.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote