View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #18
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I test drove another new '18 1SS manual. It's a good car and handles well. Things I didn't like:
1-the shifter seems to vibrate a lot-this was a minor thing but still kind of annoying and seemed a bit unrefined
2-the gearing is tall-1-4 are pretty good gears, 5th and 6th seem too tall. Almost needed to use 4th for any real passing power on the freeway.
3-the throttle response is a bit lazy-Seems like I had to get on the throttle a bit before the car would "respond" to the input.

To throw a wrench into the mix, I drove a couple Dodges:

1-2017 Challenger Scat pack A8 w/10K miles-It was loaded with almost every option. It was good. Good transmission, quick for sure. But felt sort of twitchy on the freeway and very muscle car like as in boaty. I did like the steering feel though.

2-2019 Charger Scat Pack new (base, no options)-The Charger looked enormous b/c it is....200 inches long, 4300+lbs. But somehow it didn't feel that huge when driving it. It felt lighter and easier to drive than the Challenger. Visibility was good as was comfort. What was really awesome is the throttle response. You just tap that accelerator and it lunges forward. The ZF8 in Sport Mode in the Charger was freakin' amazing. That big thing moves and shifts lightning quick. It handles pretty flat for its size too. But as a single guy driving around in it, I felt like I was the captain of the Love Boat....lol.

I wish the Camaro had the Charger's transmission and throttle response.

Anyway, all good cars.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote