View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #64
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
Does the Z/28 have to be faster? What if it’s just the better track car? GM is making at least 3 new twin-turbo DOHC V8s, and there’s bound to be N/A versions. A Naturally aspirated 5.4L DOHC V8 with 540hp would be lighter, smoother, and more fuel efficient than the LT4; all characteristics to look for in a track car, imo. Add Carbon Ceramic brakes, remove the rear seats, OFFER feature deletions and super lightweight seats, and you’ve got a Z/28. It’s got all the features you want in a daily driver, and all the capability you need to lap tracks.

I mention fuel efficiency because the LT4 is a gas guzzler and more MPG=more track time.
To me, no it doesn't have to be faster. BUT because the 5th gen car put the Z/28 on a pedestal as a halo model, many believe it must be the fastest track Camaro offered. I think the formula you laid out would work perfect, I just don't think it would be the "halo" model people think it needs to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
IMO A Z/28 with a DCT and a 5.5L DOHC (Hope for a 7.0L) spinning at 8,000RPM with light weight brakes and Carbon Ceramic rimes will run faster then the ZL1LE at the ring, its not a 1/4 Mi race, its a road race.

PS all you will need is 560-600HP like to see more we all do.
I would love to be wrong, I just don't see it happening.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote