View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #56
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan87mets View Post
sup guys another update

so i asked the truckers insurance about getting the diminished value for my car and he said id have to prove that its lost its value after the accident. not sure how ima get this exactly so im gonna call gieco and talk to them about it. i guess i have to find out the value of my car before and after the accident. also i asked about getting the right rear tire replaced since they are paying for the rear left cause it was damaged but they are gonna pay for it so the shop quoted me about $630 for a new right rear tire. hopefully getting the car back soon, really missin it...
You will have to push the diminished value issue as the burden is on you to prove the car is worth less now. On my wife's car I got nowhere with State Farm until I proved to them via a Carfax report that her car now was marked with accident damage and worth less. I used the book value undamaged versus the Carfax value with the accident included and which showed about 3000-4000 difference in value. Using that as my ammo I started at $3000.00 and they countered at $500.00. After much back and forth we settled at $1500.00. This was on a 2018 Kia Sorento with 26K miles at the time and the repairs were $7000.00.

If you don't ask and then back it up with some documentation the answer will always be "no".

Hope that helps. Good luck and I'm glad your car is almost ready.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote