View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #85
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
It is reaching; I feel that it isn't necessarily the design that is keeping Malibu behind. The american cars have had to contend with a lingering reputation of poor quality and design that, until roughly a decade or more ago, has gone unanswered. IMO GM started answering the poor quality of their products as long ago as 1995, with better ignition systems and more integrated engine management electronics. Its not amazing that it has taken nearly 20 years for the company to begin to shed its bad skin from the horrible late 70's and 80's. Once GM can universally change customers' impression of their products, I feel that we should see an improvement in sales of its mainstream cars like Malibu. GM and Chevy are getting the message; It wasn't long ago that buyers had to suffer with a marginal design for almost a decade without change. GM is really trying to get back in the forefront of the industry.
Yeah...I posted during my lunch break and might've been in a bit of a hurry. I think I missed what you said about the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
behind accord. Fusion is number 3 Altima 2 and Camry is #1.

250K is the sales goal? That is quite the goal, last year they only sold 188K Malibus. even the year before was 200K. I don't think its going to gain 50-70K in sales in one year, maybe in a few but not the first. Like otehr have said the public needs to see how good of a car it is before it starts climbing in with the big boys
Yup, Fusion had a really good March. I was going off of 2014's end of year numbers when I said Fusion was in fourth place.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote