View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #8
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
I observed the rear axle over temp. I participated in the Track Night in America at Pitt Race on Tuesday and there was a Mustang GT with the PP2 there. In Magnetic grey, looked very nice with the 19" wheels and 305/30 SC2 Michelins. Went over to talk to the gentleman after session 2, came to find out the car was not his, but loaned to him by Ford for the week to in his words, evaluate. He had removed the plate. He showed me the window sticker after I started asking questions about the wheel size. $51k. I saw the plate in his tote and it said "manufacturer". We talked some more and I formally introduced myself, and he did also. Paul Fix. Google his name + race car driver. He is a Trans Am driver, drives a Mustang, started and owns Classic Tube and Fix Motorsports. He was running in my group and he mentioned the Mustang had an axle temp warning. In session 3, we were lined up close to each other leaving the grid. A current gen GT was first out, then Mr Fix, a hopped up Lexus then myself. We both worked thru these cars and the tail end traffic. At times, when we both had clear track, I could close the gap. We were pretty close as far as speed goes, with both of us working thru traffic at different points. Two cars we both got around were GT350s. With about 3 minutes left in the 20 minute session he bailed and was giving everyone the point by, definitely off the pace. I did not get a chance to get back over to him to chat. I have a modded Gen 5 1LE. Ambient in sessions 1 & 2 was 91* with session 3 at 86*. I have the Harry's Lap timer vid, I might put the entire session on youtube in a few days.