View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #17
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
For those wonder, Ted speaks the truth.

The shop that installed and tuned my car with the Procharger D1SC swore you couldnt run the car on the full LT4 fuel system and make power without blowing it up. They pushed me towards the Alky Controls dual nozzle meth inj system.

1st thing Ted and I did when I brought him on board was turn the meth inj off, start over on the tune once the full LT4 fuel system was installed and get the car running right. It runs great on Ted's tuning with zero issues.

Since then and after very long conversations with the owner over Alky Controls I turned the meth inj system back on after some changes were made to it, but in my case I am using it for air charge cooling only. The mix is 50/50 of VP Racing M1 methanol and distilled water. I could probably even drop to 40/60 methanol/distilled water and prob will on the next batch. This will offer the least amount of change to the fueling.

Meth injection has its place, but as Ted said not as a fuel source. Ge the fuel system sorted out properly and then use meth injection as it was designed.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote