View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #260
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I think the aero and adjustable suspension also play a big roll for two reasons.

The lighter Z06 w/Z07 is overwhelmed by the LT4's power and many reviews say it's nearly undrivable at the limit. After the ACRs extreme aero, Chevy is responding with the ZR1 and ZL1-1LE.

Second is the Ring press release and comments by Bill Wise. This was his 125th lap in the ZL1-1LE as they worked to tune the car. "With chassis adjustability unlike any vehicle in its peer group" is Al's opening quote followed by "To make up more than a second per mile on the Nordschleife compared to the ZL1 automatic is a dramatic improvement and speaks to the 1LE's enhanced track features."

Tires alone didn't transform the Viper into the king track car...ACR nor the Z06 Z07. Tires alone won't transform your base ZL1.

I think you misread my post I said tires were a large part of the difference . I mentioned the shock package the aero ect . and I am not saying that tires will put a non 1LE on par with the track times it has posted. what I was saying from my experience going to a real R compound and wider rubber 325 and 305 is good for substantially better times on track. I look forward to seeing how my regular ZL1 compares to a 1LE on track.
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote