View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #32
TXFIFTYSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I have a FIFTY..so Dexos 5W-30 is what is recommended for my car (and what’s on the fill cap). I’m not torn on what weight/viscosity to use, but rather the brand. I get it...look for the approved Dexos 1 Gen 2 logo, but is one brand better than another? Royal Purple? Mobil 1? Penzoil? Valvoline? Quaker State? No one mentions AC Delco oil, but do mention the PF64 filter. Why is it that so many recommend the factory installed filter, but not the oil? Why use the factory filter, but an aftermarket oil? Isn’t the factory filter considered a “regular” or “conventional” filter whereas a Mobil 1 or K&N filter are considered a “synthetic” filter? I got a really good deal on the high performance K&N filter (HP-1017), but now I’m second guessing it for the PF64 or a Mobil 1 filter. Also...I was leaning towards Royal Purple 5W-30, but now I’m leaning towards Mobil 1 5W-30. I get the ‘19s now come with 0W-40 (and what is recommended), but this formula..at least the ESP version isn’t available in stores and I’m not so sure I even wanna spend that kind of money on that oil when I “merely” have a 2017. See my dilemma here?
TXFIFTYSS is offline   Reply With Quote