View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 01:16 PM   #526
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Well, respectfully I disagree with that comparison. When automobiles came onto the scene people were traveling by horse & buggy. The invention of the automobile changed everything about how we traveled and how we got product around. EV is not changing that. EV is not changing how I get from point A to point B. It's not improving my drive time.(in fact in many cases it's making it worse). It's not a real comparison. Horses to Automobile is not the same as ICE to EV. The infrastructure (gas stations, paved roads... etc) all made everyone's life (except the Amish) better. EV's are not doing that. We are told it's making the environment better...( but that's only what we are told).

I think this is one of the hardest selling points of EVs. People don't see how it makes their life easier or better.

I'm on a few different forums and every one of those forums EV threads (like this) get created every month (like on here). Every one of those threads just like this one simply rinse and repeat the same discussion points. I normally refrain from getting involved in the conversations because frankly it's just the same stuff over and over... So... I'm going to check out of this one now too...

Happy EV talks...!
Probably no one has heard of the 1903 Project as it was evaded in history class. It was started by progressive Democrat Theodore Roosevelt. In cahoots with Henry Ford and John D. Rockefeller, they conspired to promote the horseless carriage and create a tax base for gasoline to force them upon the populace. The scheme included shutting down production and farm leases for oats and for grass to make hay to obsolete the horse and buggy. This alternate history has been revisited for the shift to EVs and is indoctrinating college students as we speak.