View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 12:42 PM   #525
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Well, respectfully I disagree with that comparison. When automobiles came onto the scene people were traveling by horse & buggy. The invention of the automobile changed everything about how we traveled and how we got product around. EV is not changing that. EV is not changing how I get from point A to point B. It's not improving my drive time.(in fact in many cases it's making it worse). It's not a real comparison. Horses to Automobile is not the same as ICE to EV. The infrastructure (gas stations, paved roads... etc) all made everyone's life (except the Amish) better. EV's are not doing that. We are told it's making the environment better...( but that's only what we are told).

I think this is one of the hardest selling points of EVs. People don't see how it makes their life easier or better.

I'm on a few different forums and every one of those forums EV threads (like this) get created every month (like on here). Every one of those threads just like this one simply rinse and repeat the same discussion points. I normally refrain from getting involved in the conversations because frankly it's just the same stuff over and over... So... I'm going to check out of this one now too...

Happy EV talks...!

Right, the transition from horse n buggy to automobile vs the transition from ICE vehicles to EV vehicles isn't that drastic a change, is my point. I saw somewhere that they were even considering highways that charged your vehicle as you drove on them. I'm sure that's going to be interesting for people with pacemakers, granted I don't like the idea of them on the road to begin with.

I guess my biggest point is that we'll slowly transition and it's not going to be the Armageddon that everyone insists it will be. Sure there are going to be some growing pains, but it's not going to be nearly as bad as the horse n buggy to automobile transition was. I wonder how the horse n buggy diehards argued against cars, would've been interesting, "you mean I have to get outside and crank that thing in front? I don't have to do that with ole Nelly here, just feed her a carrot and have a trough of water for her!". As much as I love the visceral sounds of my Camaro, I don't see the industry keeping around the ICE powered car just because people love the sound. Hell, I loved the sound of old analog audio, but everything has gone digital. Sure records are popular with the kids again, but progress doesn't really wait on anyone.