View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #521
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
One thing you have to consider, how well was the infrastructure in place for gasoline when the automobile first arrived on the scene? If you told me that we had "new technology" that allowed vehicles to run for 200-300 miles on a liquid, but that in order to travel those distances, we'd have to truck this liquid to these locations across the nation and then we'd have to store this liquid in our own vehicles and oh by the way this liquid is extremely flammable, btw, how many people would be like, "oh hell no!". I feel like Doc Brown, "no no Marty, you're just not thinking 4th dimensional!" The transition will happen, it's not going to happen overnight, which is a good thing, but we'll eventually get there.
Well, respectfully I disagree with that comparison. When automobiles came onto the scene people were traveling by horse & buggy. The invention of the automobile changed everything about how we traveled and how we got product around. EV is not changing that. EV is not changing how I get from point A to point B. It's not improving my drive time.(in fact in many cases it's making it worse). It's not a real comparison. Horses to Automobile is not the same as ICE to EV. The infrastructure (gas stations, paved roads... etc) all made everyone's life (except the Amish) better. EV's are not doing that. We are told it's making the environment better...( but that's only what we are told).

I think this is one of the hardest selling points of EVs. People don't see how it makes their life easier or better.

I'm on a few different forums and every one of those forums EV threads (like this) get created every month (like on here). Every one of those threads just like this one simply rinse and repeat the same discussion points. I normally refrain from getting involved in the conversations because frankly it's just the same stuff over and over... So... I'm going to check out of this one now too...

Happy EV talks...!