View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I did mine a month or so ago. I also put Hydrofoam on top of the Reload once every 3 months.

I had to APC wash my car twice to remove all the Essence/Reload/Hydrofoam after a year. I also did a Trix application, as I had a couple tar spots, and hadn't iron decontaminated my paint for a few years. I live about 300 yards from a railroad crossing so it did have some rail dust on it.

Every time I use Essence I feel like I'm cheating. Before it was available, a standard finishing polish was used, and it took so much longer to do. With Essence, 1 slow pass, wipe off residue, quick brush of pad, on to next section.

Not having to do an IPA or Eraser wipedown before putting the Reload on saves even more time.

Occasionally, on a car with very soft paint, the Essence just wont bond. I've tried every finishing pad I have, and it just wont stick. This is rare though.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote