View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #12
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Even if the price is cheaper, people will always find something to bitch and moan about. Is the price high? Umm no? Considering the performance, bells and whistles you get. Good luck getting that with any other car that is less than 60k. M3/4, Lexus F models, Jags, C7s, etc, the list goes on and we aren't talking about a comparison between old and used cars. 2016 makes and models+ only. Not to mention the ridiculously cheap aftermarket component of it (compared to imports) too. Missing the entire premise of the 6th gen. Camaro vs EVERYBODY. Just wait till the numbers of the ZL1 and Z/28 are out... Our SS is even good performance, those 2 will be BEASTS and hunting for blood of EVERYBODY and cheaper than EVERYBODY for the performance it will have.

Not to mention that a CAMARO is still VERY affordable. 2.0T model... V6. Want more power? Pay to play. Can't afford it at the moment? No problem. Be patient and wait till there are gen6 SS's that have been used for a year or two then get em for mid to high 30s (2SS that is, 1SS probably around low 30s in a couple years). I hate to compare the gen6 ss to the S550 GTs but even if I build that (was curious), I end up looking at 45k for it and if you look at the gt350's it's 55k (and that's just MSRP, GOOD LUCK finding them with less than 10k above MSRP), and my build of the SS was 46.5k which has more bells and whistles, better driving characteristics and much much more comfortable on the open road too. So... Not really following the "expensive" part.
When your V8 starts at $37,295 and your direct competitors start at $31,995 (Challenger R/T) and $32,395, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. Not everyone buying SS Camaros, Mustang GTs and Challenger R/Ts are looking for the best performing or are a brand loyal enthusiast. Many are looking for an affordable V8 sport coupe that looks good. It doesn't matter that the Camaro SS will run circles around both of them.

I believe team Camaro should be looking to out perform both as well as many other cars that cost much more but the laser focus on standard performance (and the cost that came with it) will hurt Camaro in the long run.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote