View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #3556
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
The problem is Tadge lied about the Manual C7 take rate. He claimed 15% and dropping. That is completely false. Lowest manual take rate of all C7 production years was 22%. That's a hell of a lot more cars than 2000/year.

ZR1 manual take rate was also 30% - so it seems that the higher HP models had more manual buyers...something to keep in mind.

What I see from "millennial" auto enthusiasts is the opposite of the "manual is dying" trend...they are driving BRZs, STIs, EVOs, Focus RS or STs, etc...and you guessed it, all with manuals.

Agreed on LT5 Camaro dominance...and I can't see GM sitting for another 3 straight years on 6th gen production without any significant changes or upgraded power - still hoping!
Even if Tadge made it seem lower than it is, 22% is still pretty low

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Plus his argument is completely invalid, I've seen 10x as many ZLEs at track days than GT350s & GT350Rs and guess which one has been out twice as long?!?!

Sure some dealers are marking down the ZLEs but how is that a bad thing? Because Chevy dealers aren't all greedy shit heads like Ford dealers putting $50k mark ups on 350Rs/Raptors/GT500s?!?! Seems like a plus to me.

Mark downs only really bad for people that decide to flip after a year or so
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote