View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
ThatGermanGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Coupé
Some general questions and concernces

Hello there!

Foremost, thanks for having me!
Please don't be too harsh when it comes to my English, it's not my first language.

I am a 23-year-old from beautiful Munich, Germany, and a few months ago I fulfilled my dream and bought myself a 2016 Camaro 2SS 6MT Coupé.
It's my Daily and I love it to death! There is no European car you can compare it to!
I love this car to death! Since the first time I saw one back in 2016, somewhere in Florida, I wanted one of these! Just a magnificent machine!

It's an EU-Spec black coupé with black interior and some nice black aftermarket wheels! Just gorgeous!

These cars are pretty rare here in Germany, and I consider myself very lucky to have one!

But as always with a “new” car - you're concerned when it comes to some behaviors or noises that you hear, and I figured, maybe you guys could help me understand some things or maybe even tell me what's wrong with my car.

If this is not the right Forum for it, I am so sorry! Please guide me my way to the right spot!

Now coming to my concerns:

When accelerating, the car doesn't really pull until around 2500RPM, after that it pulls much more and males full power. But before that...not so much. It's not really making 455 HP.

There is a clicking, kinda metallic noise coming from the left side of the car, i couldn't localize it really, so i don't really know where it comes from. I could provide you guys a YT-Link to a short video of the noise/engine while idling.

Sometimes it takes a while to start up. The starter sounds and works fine, just the starting sequence itself takes a few seconds. I think that's probably because of the high pressure oil pump. Am I right with that, or could it be some other issue?

The red “CAMARO” labeling on the engine cover comes off. Probably due to the heat from the engine itself?

Does anybody else know these kinds of behaviors or concerns that i have?

And is there anything for a Camaro-Noob that is a “Must Know” when it comes to these cars?

Thank you all so much and take care!
Greetings from Munich!
Attached Images

ThatGermanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote