View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 07:39 AM   #88
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
If I got camber plates and ran ~1.5 degrees w/ ~1/8" toe in for street, when I set it to ~3 deg for autox I'll end up with 1/8 to 1/4" toe out.

The owner of the race shop thinks that much toe out is excessive. He thinks I'll get better tire wear and the steering will be better with my current ~2.3 deg camber with zero toe... He said maintaining zero toe is more important than getting more camber so it's best not to use camber plates to change alignment between street and track use. He also thinks the preference for a little toe out is outdated and doesn't apply to most modern cars.
While I think zero toe is probably ideal, I don't think a little toe out is going to hurt performance on a stop watch. I've driven mine on the OE GYs with 5/32 and there was no obvious difference to me in the way it felt or on comparative times. That will wear the inside of the tire more, though. Depending on the tire, giving up -0.7 of camber is going to show up on the timer, though. I'm not sure the GY SC3s need -3 camber, but I think the Yoks or Rivals would want that much, and I'm sure the Yoks would like even more. It's tough to compromise - no question.