View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #86
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Gotcha, the issue is it's a street car too, I put ~8k miles/year on it.

If I got camber plates and ran ~1.5 degrees w/ ~1/8" toe in for street, when I set it to ~3 deg for autox I'll end up with 1/8 to 1/4" toe out.

The owner of the race shop thinks that much toe out is excessive. He thinks I'll get better tire wear and the steering will be better with my current ~2.3 deg camber with zero toe... He said maintaining zero toe is more important than getting more camber so it's best not to use camber plates to change alignment between street and track use. He also thinks the preference for a little toe out is outdated and doesn't apply to most modern cars.

So, I was planning on using camber plates and changing camber settings from street to autox/track but now I'm thinking I might follow his advise and leave it static.
I agree with him. All my race friends who are top drivers and or performance shop owners say same. As does my alignment guy. And other pro’s in the business. I maxed out -2.6 front camber and do 0 toe. That is max for me on camber, and what I have always run. Good handling and pretty even wear on the street. Also to much negative camber opens the door to ice mode(?) potentially.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote