View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
I have a 2SS with a manual. Drive mine 30 miles/day to/from work. Pick up kids (2 10yo) every afternoon from school.

It's a great DD!

As for visibility - I have zero issues. Make sure you adjust your mirrors correctly. https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots If you have questions about it, PM me. Just remember - your "rearview mirror" is for seeing to the "rear", and your "side mirrors" are for seeing to the "side". If you can see behind you with your side mirrors, you're doing it wrong. In the Camaro, I can see the rear taillights of a car in my side mirrors around the same time as its hood comes into view outside the side window.

Trunk space is plenty enough for anything except a Home Depot run.

Gas mileage . . . well, I'm averaging 11.2mpg since I bought it. But . . . I have a very heavy foot. You'll likely get more like 16 or so.

It's as comfortable as my G8 was, except for sharp bumps (potholes, speed bumps, etc.). But, I also run the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R, which has a sidewall stiffness comparable to a Hoosier R6 or similar "race" tire.

All in all . . . my favorite DD ever.
Sounds like you池e the perfect sample case haha. Visibility is something I知 not too concerned about but I understand I値l need to adjust accordingly. I知 good at setting my side mirrors to let me see everything I need to but the added security of the BSM would ease my conscious ( and my mothers).

Right now I have 0 trunk space because my Sentra has a subwoofer box that takes up the entire truck anyways so it値l probably feel like a huge upgrade.

Gas mileage I知 on and off about. I知 coming from a 4 banger so obviously I知 gonna lose a bit but at the same time I知 lucky to get 25mpg and that痴 mostly highway driving. I think the decrease would be more than worth it with how fun it would be.
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote