View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #36
Lonewolf583
Apex Predator

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Gentlemen,

I think you are going to find that getting a Z module to talk to the rest of the system in a non-Z Camaro is going to be rather complex is at all possible.

Lonewolf,

Can you detail out your brake setup for me please?
Generic blank vented rotors, stock SS Brembo Calipers, Granatelli Hoses, GLOC R6 Pads, Motul RBF600 fluid, stock tubing, master, and ABS module.

Whenever I pull the rotors between pad swaps I clean off the rotors with 80 grit. The rotors are probably about 15k. The pads were bedded properly a few days prior. The fluid was changed when I did the pad install.

There is no feeling of air in the system. During daily driving, pedal modulation is great, very liveable. After 1 or 2 corners at an event you can tell these R6 compound GLOC's are ON. During the event there was no indication of fluid boiling, no pedal to floor, feel was consistent once the pads were in their operating range.

On a less sticky surface (parking lot vs concrete) this past weekend the front end didn't chatter as hard or as harshly but I did hit definitely hit ICE mode a few times during some reactionary braking.

Beating physics into submission since 1991.

Lonewolf583 is offline   Reply With Quote