View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #34
Fondue Wormhole
Bad Example

Drives: Camaro SS
I was able to get a '12 TCM OS in my '11 SS. Not terribly difficult, but not exactly straightforward either, so I was hoping getting a 1LE EBCM (taken off a 1LE) on the car would be fairly easy as well; not so. Dash lit up like a xmas tree with no ABS/Stability control.

Initially I thought it was because the VIN didn't match. That is, I have a high degree of confidence the VIN is part of the cal (like it is in the TCM). I've been meaning to get together with someone that might be able to edit the cal, but just never got around to it.

That said, Lonewolf583 brings up something I hadn't considered: EPS...

My 1st thought was that I could see how steering angle might come into play, but not why EPS would be any different than HPS. Turns out the EPS systems are quite sophisticated, and do rely on data from the ABS/ESC systems. Therefore, it's not likely an EBCM from an EPS car will work on an HPS car, at least without some manipulation of the firmware... At the very least, you'd very likely have to get your VIN written to the EBCM...

Also, I'm pretty sure if you were to purchase an EBCM new (like the Amazon links), it would ship blank, and a dealer would have to write the cal to it, and of course, that would be based on your VIN, so at best, you would have a Z/28 EBCM with the same cal you already have; nothing gained...
Fondue Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote