View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 12:23 AM   #23
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’ve hit some snags, it was correct to say this is a painful swap.

The way my Recaro’s were removed from the car has left me unable to remove half the harness due to a black metal tube being in the way and not having enough room.

The other snag being the seat airbag connector won’t fit through its tiny circle hole because the airbag itself is blocking me.

My solution to the airbag connector is taking off the airbag but I need to get a deep socket which is one of 7-10mm sockets so that’ll be fun. The only way I can think of getting the old harness out is using my cloth seat harness and move the chair in correct position which I’m guessing is moving the seat up/down until there’s more room between the black metal tube and the seat itself.

I’ve also ordered Gen5DIY’s vented seat harness so hoping that comes soon, I also noticed a second fan on the seat back itself behind the zipped leather, Gen5DIY’s harness doesn’t utilize that fan and it seems to be another different connector. I had thought this bottom fan blew air across both bottom and top portions but I don’t see how it can do that now
Happiness: Infinite

Last edited by Bumbleboy92; 05-26-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote