View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
15" wheel conversion or not?

I've been planning my build since I got my car (2018 2ss M6 with mag ride). The first thing I'm doing is a drag pack and some bias ply tires. At first, I planned on staying N/A and doing the conversion so I could stay at a 26" tire. After putting some miles on the Camaro, I've decided not to make a crazy, grumbling, and rowdy N/A monster like my GTO. My thoughts are headers to NPP, bolt ons, blower cam, and a procharger on a somewhat conservative pump gas tune. Going boosted, wouldn't I be better off with a bit taller tire for longer gears? I have no plans of extensively modding the suspension. Just enough to make it stand up to the power of my build. I feel that a 28" tire would hurt my N/A times until the procharger is added, but after that point I'd see the benefits of the taller tire? I'm planning to go with a set of weld s71s. Less sidewall on a 17" wheel out back but I don't think it would hurt too bad vs a 15". I'm not trying to break any records with this thing, just optimize my setup for my goals. Those goals are a mild mannered street car when I want it, and a complete monster when I need it. Any tips or advice would be appreciated on the conversion!

Stock. For now...
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote