View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #19
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
All i hear on the forum is the Camaro SS is too expensive and the backseat is too small and now you're telling me the Corvette is going to drain it's sales?
The question comes down to whether people want a $40k+ Camaro 2SS with a small and nearly unusable back seat or would they want a C8 Corvette for a $10-$15k more that decimates it performance-wise but has no back seat?

I don't think many people are buying the Camaro for practicality. Practicality is a huge complaint against the 6th gen.

And even if all things were somehow totally equal apart from looks, people would flock to the C8. I understand it's not everybody's cup of tea, but the thing is a *midengine supercar* for Pete's sake. Compared to a 6th Gen Camaro which is basically a tweak of the 5th gen's design, a car that's been on the road for a decade now, for a lot of people the cool factor is orders of magnitude apart for a C8 vs 6th Gen Camaro.